Friday, May 15, 2015

Week one - Zambia hospital experience

Our week at the Mkushi district hospital is now over. I am worn out but I have had a lot of amazing experiences. Most of the days I have been in the male and female wards and have taken care of patients that were in a car accident, helped cast a some people, taken out IV catheters and sutures and so much more. I can't believe how much I have learned in just this one week and my experiences have confirmed that I really want to be a nurse!
It has also been great staying with the Avery's. They are so inspirational in the way that they interact with each other and the people here. I am enjoying all they are teaching us about being missionaries and combining that with nursing. The culture, language, and people are beautiful. I definitely recommend a visit here! There is a lot of need but so much beauty as well. I can see God at work in my life as well as the lives of the Avery's and the people here. Until next time, mushali bwino! (stay well)

No comments:

Post a Comment